Partner Management Software (PMS) is a type of software that helps companies manage their partners and develop partnerships. PMS aims to simplify the process of partner onboarding, contract management, and performance tracking. It also helps organizations manage their partner networks more effectively. PMS has become an essential tool for businesses that want to maintain strong relationships with their partners.
Who uses the software?
Partner Management Software is commonly used by enterprises that operate through partnerships and collaborations. These businesses work with various types of partners, including resellers, distributors, and affiliates. PMS can support a company’s initiatives from:
– Keeping track of contracts, co-marketing campaigns, and partner performance metrics
– Automating revenue sharing and commission management
– Keeping partners engaged by providing them with training and marketing resources
Benefits of the software:
There are numerous benefits to using Partner Management Software. Some of the primary benefits of using PMS include:
– Improved partner engagement: With PMS, companies can provide their partners with more meaningful content such as marketing resources, courses, and training materials to make sure they understand the product. This enhances the relationship between the company and its partners, resulting in higher revenue and more loyalty.
– Streamlined processes: A PMS eliminates the need for manual coordination and tracking of contracts and campaigns, reducing the probability of human errors. This helps companies save time and resources.
– Better analytics: PMS gives detailed reports on partner sales performance and partner ROI . This data can help organizations identify their best and worst performing partners and prioritize their efforts.
Features of the software:
PMS software providers offer numerous features that help companies manage their partnerships effectively. Some of these features include:
– Partner onboarding and training: PMS software provides a platform where partners can easily sign up and self-register. The platform’s training section provides resources and training materials to onboard new partners most efficiently.
– Sales tracking and commission management: PMS tracks partners’ sales performance, ensuring accurate commission payouts and the most effective revenue sharing.
– Co-marketing and campaign management: PMS has shared marketing campaigns and strategies for each partner to ensure the messages are aligned and the budget is met.
– Contract management: Partnerships are typically governed by legal agreements that define the partnership’s terms. PMS can manage the process of contracts and ensure partners oblige with terms.
– Performance analytics: PMS monitors the performance of partners and generates reports to identify top-performing partners and opportunities for growth.
5 examples of relevant software products:
1. Channeltivity: Provides a platform for partner onboarding, partner sales tracking, commission management, and partner performance analytics. It is a customizable tool with a robust set of features that enables partners to align with the company’s targets.
2. Partnerize: Partnerize focuses on providing a full suite of Partner Relationship Management (PRM) services and tools. Their platform includes analytics, payment automation, and real-time co-marketing opportunities.
3. Allbound: A web-based platform for partner onboarding, deal registration, management of content distribution, and strategic marketing. It can help companies align their channel strategy to their business objectives efficiently.
4. TreeHousei: An all-in-one platform for partner management with features like CRM integration, Partner Portal, automation workflows, and document management.
5. ZINFI: Provides a unified platform for multi-tenant management of partner relationships, campaigns, content, and performance analytics. It focuses on consistency and scalability.
How to use the software:
Using PMS software is simple, and it’s an excellent idea to adopt it for companies that manage multiple partnerships. Companies should consider evaluating the different software products available in the market, based on features, pricing, and support services. After selecting a preferred PMS, companies should explore available tutorials and training to understand the software’s technicalities for both users and partners.
It is crucial to ensure that all stakeholders use the software correctly. For example, there should be guidelines on the proper handling of the software, setting expectations on content creation, top-performing partner selection criteria, and deal sharing. Therefore, the management team should establish a dedicated administrator, responsible for maintaining and updating the PMS regularly.
Drawbacks and limitations of the software:
PMS can face some drawbacks and limitations, mainly when improperly managed and implemented. Here are some of the potential issues:
– Maintenance costs: PMS requires regular maintenance. From subscription fees to system upgrades, it can be costly. You might get torn between outsourcing and hiring technical people to improve platform quality.
– Complex implementation: Investing in a PMS platform requires thorough evaluation and preparation. Implementing PMS can be challenging, and it requires a dedicated IT team to guarantee success.
– Integration challenges: PMS will sometimes require integration to other software products, like CRM and other devices. System integration may not be seamless, which could impair its effectiveness and functionability.
Partner Management Software is an essential tool that helps businesses manage partnerships more effectively by tracking partner performance, optimizing revenue share, and automating time-consuming processes. It also makes it easier to manage partner communications and automating monthly payouts.
By using Partner Management Software like the recommended products, businesses can improve partner engagement, streamline processes, and get better analytics for optimized performance. However, while PMS offers many benefits, businesses must also be aware of the drawbacks and limitations. In conclusion, a well-recommended PMS product can improve your business drastically, streamline processes, improve partner performance, and ultimately drive revenue growth.